I love our assignment for the year. I try to keep with me throughout the day the 'thought for the day' fm spirituality.com and I definitely have seen a continued softening of my responses to every situation and person in my life. In class instruction you told us that the Bible would be a common ground of communication when speaking w/ non CS's. So right off the bat I see that this assignment will enhance my vocabulary and give me a wonderful push to keep those lines of communcation open w/ all whom I come in contact.
Thanks! This helps me feel that I'm doing okay even though I'm not getting one every day, but sometimes one a week or every few days. I am working on applying it daily.
I'm thinking constantly about the Truth and so many BIBLE verses, but might not always have them memorized correctly, but am trying and do read the Bible more than I ever had before and of-course Science and Health, the Lesson, periodicals, etc. are sooo wonderful,too! Thanks for the encouragement.
Here's an idea. I have been writing down the KJV scripture verse for the day, followed by either Moffatt or JB Phillips or another translation, to bring out depth of meaning.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thanks for the idea of reading a selected passage in another translation! The added depth is so inspiring! I think I might put a few of them on 3X5 cards.
ReplyDelete